Monday 4 January 2016

Mortgage overpayments for 2016

Finally we started to overpay on our mortgage. It is just £100 a month, but it will cut our mortgage term by 3 years and 2 months, saving over £10000 on interest.
I hope that we will not really miss the £100 and it will  make a big difference in long run.



I have taken more of the shifts in my second job and Christmas was very busy so December wages were very good. Also I have received Christmas bonus in my first job!

I am still working on reducing our Tesco spending. As we live so close it is easy to just pop in and buy stuff and add always something in the basket what we really do not need (Yes, Rob 4x toffee sunday was not needed, but tasted so good)
It is just a small spend, but 5 shop trips  for £8 a time is whooping £40! Add it to usual £70 per week we are on £440 a month spend in Tesco! For 1 cat, 9months old baby and 2 adults it is just too much.

Otherwise I have cut off all spending on e-bay. Guilty as charged :-(
I really do not need any more baby stuff or clothes (bought a lot in sales. Now we have clothes until baby boy is 3 years old)

I am starting to be good and do just a window shopping when on walk with baby. On Saturday I walked 30 minutes to town, visited about 5 shops (2 had big sales) and not bought a thing.
I wish there was more to do with babies. Our local Children Center do just 1 session per week for under 1 year so rest of the week we go to Library or around the shops. If there was more to do with babies I will not need to go around the shops and it will mean no spending at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment