Monday 23 February 2015

Homemade baby hat - recycled fabric

One of my maternity tops didn't survive my fruit snack. :-( The stains are all over the front and they do not want to shift even after a triple washing. So goodbye top. 
Then I had a little bright idea moment! I have seen somewhere on the web homemade baby hats made of recycled jersey fabric. This top is a jersey (t-shirt material). 
Look what I have made!
 


Firstly, this is the unfortunate white jersey top.
 

I have cut the good (back) piece and then folded it in half.  Cut around the template ( baby size 0-3m) so you have 2 pieces.


When done be sure that you put the right side of fabric together and then sew it. Leave just the bottom end free. That it where the head goes. :-)


When done then get another long piece of fabric (length of the hat around the head) fold in half and sew it together with hat. It will form the headband. The seam should be on the outside of hat. Don't worry you will fold it up so it will not be visible. 


All done. Make a knot + you can add some buttons to make it more interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment